BROOKINGS – As South Dakota citizens continue to practice physical distancing, South Dakota 4-H is gearing up to provide youth across the state with an opportunity to learn, create and develop skills virtually with their peers through the South Dakota Summer Adventures program.
Throughout the 11-week program, youth will be engaged in a variety of educational experiences including, but not limited to, live Zoom sessions and discussion boards. Additionally, youth will have an opportunity to participate in a variety of challenges each week with the top five individuals from each challenge receiving a monetary prize. At the end of each week, a family challenge will encourage youth to utilize skills and tricks they learned throughout the week with their families.
The series is open to all school-age South Dakota youth. Each week South Dakota 4-H will provide participants with up to eight educational experiences, four youth contests and one family challenge. Topics for each week are as follows:
• Week 1: June 1-5 – 1..2..3.. Garden with Me!
• Week 2: June 8-12 – Creative Communities
• Week 3: June 15-19 – Sports & Recreation
• Week 4: June 22-26 – Creative Clovers
• Week 5: June 29-July 2 – Back to the Basics
• Week 6: July 6-10 – ExploCHEF
• Week 7: July 13-17 – Wonders of Water
• Week 8: July 20-24 – Critter Crazy Days
• Week 9: July 27-31 – Wellness Warriors
• Week 10: Aug 3-8 – Explore Outdoors
• Week 11: Aug 10-14 – Say It Loud, Say It Proud!
Registration information will be sent in the coming weeks. For questions and program information, contact SDSU Extension 4-H Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) Field Specialist Christine Wood.