Brookings County Commission
The Brookings County Commission will meet at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday in the Brookings City & County Government Center at 520 Third St.
Brookings County Commission meetings are still open to the public. If you would like to attend this meeting, please come to the west doors of the Government Center where a staff member will be stationed to allow you entry to the building. Please, if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or believe you may have been exposed, consider watching the Commission meeting from home broadcast live on Swiftel channel 19 or ITC channel 168.
Items on the agenda include:
• Invitation for a citizen to schedule time on the commission agenda for an item not listed
• Approve minutes
• Approve travel requests
• Approve personal action notices
• Approve cellular authorizations
• Approve Human Services report
• Approve claims
• Department head reports
• Finance officers report
• Discussion at 9 a.m. with officials from the City of Volga on Samara Avenue
• Action to approve a resolution changing the location of the vote center site in Sinai
• Action to approve an American Institute of Architects agreement between Brookings County and Henry Carlson Construction, LLC for the Brookings County Detention Center Expansion and Remodel Project
• Action to approve a State of South Dakota Department of Transportation Joint Powers Agreement for pocket gopher baiting services
• Action to approve an abatement request made by Terry and Nancy Swenson in the amount of $360.25.
• Action to approve an abatement request made by United Parish of Elkton in the amount of $1,114.07.
• Action to approve an abatement request made by Bradley and Tammy Hanson in the amount of $30.63.
• Action to approve an abatement request made by Christina and Nicholas Castillo in the amount of $56.81.
• Action to approve the low bid for weed chemicals on all items listed from VanDiest Supply, Ramsdell’s, and AgFirst Farmer’s Co-op
• Action to fill a position for the remaining two years of an unexpired term, representing District 1, on the Planning & Zoning Commission
• Presentation of the FY 2019 annual report – Finance Office
• Commission Department 2019 annual report
• Commission Department director’s report
• State’s attorney’s office report
• Commissioner reports and discussion
• Executive session