Ashes start garage fire

© 2017-Brookings Register

BRUCE – Unattended ashes turned into a garage fire in Bruce, according to the Brookings County Sheriff’s Office.

The fire was reported at 12:30 p.m. Monday and occurred in the 600 block of Washington Street in Bruce, Assistant Sheriff Scott Sebring said.

“It was found that a resident had taken ashes from the wood burner and placed them in a plastic barrel next to the garage. Due to the wind, the ashes started the west side of the garage on fire. A shed north of the garage then caught on fire as well,” Sebring said.

“The damage to the garage is unknown at this time, and the shed is a complete loss,” he added.

The fire is under investigation with the Bruce Fire Department and the Brookings County Sheriff’s Office.


Video News
More In Homepage