Blaze damages Volga house


House sustains $90,000 in damages

VOLGA – A structure fire in Volga severely damaged a house Tuesday, according to the Brookings County Sheriff’s Office.

The fire was reported at 8:06 p.m. Tuesday and occurred in the 100 block of Washington Road in Volga, Assistant Sheriff Scott Sebring said.

Also responding were the Volga Fire Department, Brookings Fire Department and Brookings Ambulance, he said.

“The fire was extinguished by the fire departments. The home received an estimated $90,000 worth of damage,” Sebring said.

“The fire is believed to have started due to an electrical issue. The fire is under investigation with the Brookings County Sheriff’s Office,” Sebring said.

Advertisement