Brookings-area agendas for the week starting Sept. 17, 2023
Editor's note: This file was uploaded to our website at approximately 12:15 p.m. Friday (09-15-23). Any further updates will be appropriately noted.
Brookings City Council
Brookings City Council will hold a study session at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the Brookings City & County Government Center at 520 Third St. Items on the agenda include:
• Approve agenda
• Open forum
• 3M PFAS mitigation plan update
• Presentation on the solid waste master plan
• Alcohol beverage licensing
• City Council member introduction of topics for future discussion
Editor's note: The agenda below was added at approximately noon Monday (09-18-23).
Brookings County Commission
The Brookings County Commission will meet at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday in the Brookings City & County Government Center at 520 Third St. Items on the agenda include:
• Invitation for a citizen to schedule time on the commission agenda for an item not listed
• Travel and education requests
• Personnel action notices
• Cellular authorizations
• Human Services report
• Approve claims
• Department head reports
• Finance officer’s report
• Public hearing and action to approve a special events license for J & A Diedrich, LLC, dba Jay Street Pub for an event at Bennett Barn on Saturday, Sept.30
• Public hearing and approval of FY2024 budget
• First reading of an ordinance fo amend the 1997 Revised Zoning Ordinance pertaining to “Commercial/Industrial Districts,” Section 4.02.01 – “Permitted Uses” and Section 4.02.02 – “Conditional Uses,” Adopted by Ordinance 2018-03
• Approval of a plat of lots in the Highland and Cedar Pointe additions
• Action to approve a resolution setting the official pay plan for 2023 — an addendum to the sheriff’s union contract
• Action to approve a resolution to continue support for the First District Association of Local Governments during Fiscal Year 2024
• Action to approve a resolution authorizing the purchase of a 2023 John Deere 744P
• Action to approve applications for occupancy of right of way of county highways made by Sioux Valley Energy in Eureka and Sterling townships
• Action to approve an agreement for voluntary right of way donation between Brookings County and Lynn Hartenhoff
• Action to approve an agreement for voluntary right of way donation between Brookings County and Hartenhoff Land Trust.
• Action to approve an agreement between Brookings County and Catalis Payments to provide credit card services
• Action to authorize the chairperson to sign the acknowledgement and certification required by the South Dakota Department of Transportation.
• Action to approve the community development and housing needs assessment plan for Brookings County as part of the community development block grant application submission.
• Action to approve a request from the Fire Department long term fund for $18,000 to the Hendricks Fire Department for a fire truck chassis.
• Action to approve a request to fill vacancy for a full-time male correctional officer in the detention center
• Commission Department director’s report
• State’s attorney’s office report
• Commission reports and discussion items
• Executive session for personnel issues
Editor's note: The agendas below this point were added at approximately 1:30 p.m. Tuesday (09-19-23).
Brookings Traffic Safety Committee
The Brookings Traffic Safety Committee will meet at 12:12 p.m. Thursday in the Brookings City & County Government Center at 520 Third St. Items on the agenda include:
• Approve agenda
• Approve minutes
• Discussion on four-way stop at 17th Avenue and 20th Street South
• Discussion on parking on 17th Avenue south of Eighth Street South
• Discussion on traffic lights on Fifth Avenue and Fifth Street
• Discussion on supplemental signage on stop signs at Seventh Avenue and 12th Street South
• Update on Medary Avenue TAP grant application
• Update on future traffic studies for stop signs for: Medary Avenue at 15th Street South; 16th Avenue and Second Street South; Christine Circle and Christine Avenue
• Other items and reports
The East Dakota Water Development District board of directors will meet at 9 a.m. Thursday in the EDWDD office at 132B. Airport Ave. in Brookings. Items on the agenda include:
• Public hearing on the proposed 2024 district fiscal bBudget (10:00 a.m.)
• Cost-share assistance request from the Lake Madison Development Association for riparian lands conservation payments
• Sponsorship requests for the 2023 Eastern South Dakota Water Conference (October 2023) and the 2023 Big Sioux River and Sustainability Summit (December 2023)
• Report on the Big Sioux River project SRAM 2023 field day
• Updates on district activities
• Other items of interest to EDWDD.