Candle sparks fire


ELKTON – A candle has been determined to be the cause of a structure fire in Elkton that resulted in thousands of dollars in damage, according to the Brookings County Sheriff’s Office.

The fire was reported at 6:10 p.m. Monday and occurred in the 300 block of Antelope Street in Elkton, Assistant Sheriff Scott Sebring said.

“The Elkton Fire Department, Elkton Ambulance and Brookings County Sheriff’s Office responded to a residential fire,” Sebring said.

“It was found that the cause of the fire was a candle that was lit and near a canvas picture that caught on fire. The Elkton Fire Department extinguished the fire and the damage is estimated at $8,000,” Sebring said.

Advertisement


Video News
More In Homepage