BROOKINGS – The Brookings City Council will consider an amendment to an ordinance pertaining to rental dwelling units in the city during this week’s meeting.
The meeting will begin at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Brookings City & County Government Center, 520 Third St.
One of the first orders of business will be to swear in councilors Leah Brink and Holly Tilton Byrne.
Later in the agenda is work to strengthen the city’s rental inspection program.
“The Rental Dwelling Ordinance Amendment centralizes existing codes throughout the municipal ordinance and includes the language within the rental dwelling units section, thus strengthening the inspection program by requiring compliance prior to issuance of a rental dwelling license,” according to the attachment to the agenda, available on the city’s website.
In other business, the council will consider:
• Setting the dates for Downtown at Sundown for seven Thursdays in July and August, starting July 11. The event will take place in the 300 block of Fifth Street;
• Temporary alcohol licenses for the Brookings Regional Humane Society’s fundraiser on June 1 and for the Brookings Cubs Baseball Group games on June 7, June 20 and June 27 at Bob Shelden Field;
• A change order to add items to the 22nd Avenue reconstruction project headed by Timmons Construction;
• A resolution to grant the Brookings Summer Arts Festival exclusive use of Pioneer Park on July 13-14;
• Declare almost two dozen items as surplus, including trucks, vans and extended cab pickups;
• Appoint councilors to committees and boards;
• Establish a Complete Count Committee for the 2020 Census for the City of Brookings.
Contact Jodelle Greiner at [email protected]