House fire damages property near Volga

VOLGA – A house fire damaged property Monday, but there were no injuries, according to the Brookings County Sheriff’s Office.

The fire was reported at 4:20 p.m. Monday and occurred at 20951 463rd Ave., northwest of Volga, Assistant Sheriff Scott Sebring said.

“The Volga Fire Department and Brookings County Sheriff’s Office responded to smoke inside of a home,” Sebring said.

“It was found that there was a fire in the laundry room of the home and appeared to be a wiring issue. Numerous clothing items (and) clothing baskets were damaged. The appliances in the laundry room were damaged and the home received some smoke damage,” Sebring said. 

“No injuries were reported. The fire is under investigation with the Brookings County Sheriff’s Office,” Sebring said.


Video News
More In Homepage