PLANO, Texas – JCPenney is set to reopen its Brookings store after temporarily closing due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
The store at 990 22nd Ave. S., University Mall in Brookings will open at noon Wednesday, May 20.
“We are thrilled to welcome our associates and customers back to JCPenney in Brookings, and our top priority remains on the health and safety of our associates, customers, and communities,” said Jim DePaul, executive vice president of stores at JCPenney. “We want to ensure everyone is safe and feels comfortable as we continue to provide an engaging shopping experience.
“We’re taking a strategic approach in reopening our stores nationwide and will continue doing so in a phased approach based on guidance from the CDC and local and state mandates,” Depaul added.
JCPenney is monitoring CDC guidelines to inform its practices, and taking precautions to provide a safe environment in which to shop and work, including the following:
• Contact-free curbside pickup
• Cleaning throughout the day, paying extra attention to frequently touched surfaces
• Social distancing procedures in place, with reminders throughout the store
• Contactless checkout
• Masks provided to each associate
• Extended return policy and a longer time window to use customer rewards
• Plexiglass shields at the register
• Associate training on safety practices
• Updated store hours: Monday – Saturday from noon to 7 p.m., Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The JCPenney flagship store, jcp.com, remains open to serve shoppers and now features an enhanced user experience. For more information and ongoing updates on store reopenings, visit the company’s coronavirus (COVID-19) page.