BROOKINGS – The Brookings Marathon will run throughout the city on the morning of Saturday, Sept. 12. To keep runners safe, there will be some minor traffic changes early that day. Please drive carefully and pay close attention in the following areas:
• Pioneer Park – from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• 22nd Avenue – 7:30 to 10 a.m. (short delays likely from Sixth Street to Orchard Drive)
• Soccer Complex – 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. (please turn east when exiting complex)
• 17th Avenue South and 12th Street South – 8 a.m. to noon (congested intersection at middle school)
• Main Avenue – 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. (short delays likely from First Street South to Third Street)
A full map, race week schedule, and other race information can be found at http://www.brookingsmarathon.com.
“On behalf of the race committee, we apologize for any inconvenience and once again thank the community of Brookings for its continued support of this event,” race director Matt Bien said.