BROOKINGS – The eight nonproﬁt organizations that will receive proﬁts from the Third Sunday Breakfast event sponsored by the VFW No. 2118 Auxiliary have been chosen.
The organizations were selected on a basis of needs of the organization, the events the organization supports, how the event would be advertised and the community involvement of each group. Unfortunately, there were more groups submitting applications for funding than what was available.
This year the Department of South Dakota Auxiliary has decided to focus on youth. The Breakfast Committee tried to honor that decision by selecting groups that support youth in the community.
The groups that were selected are:
• August, Girl Scout Troop, No. 50250, Brookings;
• September, the Kelly McGeough Foundation;
• October, Rolling Thunder, Chapter No. 2, Brookings;
• November, GAP (Great After School Place);
• December, Camelot Intermediate PTA;
• January, Brookings High School Winterguard;
• February, Brookings Figure Skating Club; and
• March, Cystic Fibrosis Association of Brooking County.
The ﬁrst breakfast will be held Aug. 19. The breakfast will be served from 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Brookings VFW post home at 520 Main Ave.
The breakfast will again be pancakes or biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage, juice and coffee. Your choice of entrees is a cost of $7. If you choose to have both pancakes and biscuits and gravy with the sides, the cost is $9. Tickets for children from ages 3 to 7 are $4. Toddlers 2 and younger eat for free.