SIOUX FALLS – 4-H robotics teams and programs from across South Dakota are collecting Christmas lights, working and non-working lights, to use for their robotics projects.
NorthWestern Energy is partnering with the South Dakota State University Extension and is collecting Christmas lights at the utility’s customer service centers.
The SDSU Extension 4-H Robotics Christmas Light collection drive will take place until Jan. 31.
“Robotics is a great opportunity for youth to use the science and math lessons from the classroom in an innovative and challenging way,” said NorthWestern Energy South Dakota Community Relations Specialist Angie Christiansen. “NorthWestern Energy is thrilled to be able to help out with this project. This is an opportunity for the community to be involved with problem solving, communication and teamwork being put into action.”
Christmas lights, working and non-working, can be dropped off between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at the following NorthWestern Energy Customer Service Offices: Aberdeen, 113 S. Centennial Street; Brookings, 1232 22nd Ave. S.; Huron, 600 Market St. W.; Mitchell, 300 S. Burr.; and Yankton, 313 Cedar.
Christmas lights can also be dropped off at the following SDSU Extension and 4-H offices:
• Minnehaha County Extension/ Sioux Falls Regional Center, 4101 W. 38th St., Suite 103, Sioux Falls
• Spink County Extension, 210 East Seventh Ave., Suite 4, Redfield;
• Miner County Extension, 400 N. Main St., Howard;
• Davison County Extension, 3200 W. Havens, Mitchell;
• Hanson County Courthouse, 720 Fifth St., Alexandria;
• Potter County Extension Office, 205 W. Commercial Ave., Gettysburg;
• Turner County Extension Office, 400 S. Main, Parker;
• Harding County Courthouse, Extension Office, 410 Ramsland Ave., Buffalo;
• Brookings County 4-H, 2810 22nd Ave. S., Suite 2, Brookings;
• Clark County 4-H, Extension Office, 200 N. Commercial St., Clark;
• Butte/Lawrence Extension Office, 849 Fifth Ave., Belle Fourche;
• Meade County 4-H SDSU Extension, 1425 Sherman St., Suite 103, Sturgis;
• Edmunds and Campbell County 4-H, Second Street NE, Mound City;
• Pennington County Extension Office, 601 E. Centre St., Rapid City;
• Bennett County 4-H Extension Office, 502 Second Ave., Martin;
• SDSU Extension Office – Oglala Lakota County, 536 Highway 23, Porcupine.
Learn more about the South Dakota State University Extension 4-H Robotics program at https://extension.sdstate.edu/south-dakota-4-h-robotics-getting-started or contact Christine Wood, 4-H Science Technology Engineering and Math (STEM) Field Specialist at [email protected] or 605-782-3290.