BROOKINGS – From left, Lily Siemonsma, Jenna Schmidt, Skylor Ness, Abby Fickbohm, Riley Meyer and Keegan Fields joined the Optimist Club luncheon on June 1 to share their high school memories, future plans and to thank the Optimist Club for six $1,000 scholarships.
• Brookings Optimist Wayne Hauschild Memorial Scholarship – Keegan Fields
• Optimist Club of Brookings Charter Member Scholarship in Honor of Mike McCann – Jenna Schmidt
• Optimist Club of Brookings Charter Member Scholarship in Honor of Les Tlustos – Abigail Fickbohm
• Brookings Optimist Glen Anderegg Memorial Scholarship – Lily Siemonsma
• Optimist Club of Brookings Charter Member Scholarship in Honor of Clyde Calhoon – Skylor Ness
• Optimist Club of Brookings Vocational Scholarship – Riley Meyer
The Optimist Club of Brookings was chartered in June 1972. The club has been investing in the Brookings area community youth, local activities and creating partnerships with organizations that “Bring the best out in youth, in our community and in ourselves for 50 years.” Approximately $45,000 has been annually returned to the community of Brookings. All are welcome to the noon luncheon each Tuesday at Buffalo Wild Wings. For more information, contact [email protected]