BROOKINGS – South Dakota State University’s Department of Communication Studies will hold Comm Day 2018 in the University Student Union April 19.
Current SDSU students, prospective students, university alumni and anyone interested in learning more about human communication are welcome to attend, according to Joshua Westwick, interim department head.
“Comm Day provides an opportunity to share the work our students are doing inside and outside of the classroom with members of the university community as well as members of the Brookings community,” Westwick said.
“Second, Comm Day provides an opportunity to engage in critical conversations that are impacting human communication. This is an opportunity for all of us to learn more about ourselves and the impact that communication has in our lives.”
The day’s agenda is:
• 9-9:25 a.m. – Welcome and networking (Dakota Room)
• 9:30-10:45 a.m. – Theories of communication (Pheasant/Crest Rooms)
• 11 a.m.-noon – Interviewing in professional contexts (Dakota Room)
• 12:30-1:45 p.m. – Small group communication (Dakota Room)
• 2-3:15 p.m. – Capstone in communication studies (Dakota Room)
• 2:30-4 p.m. – Student research poster presentations (Pheasant/Crest Rooms)
• 4-5 p.m. – Alumni panel discussion (Dakota Room)
For more information, contact Westwick at [email protected]