PIERRE – Participants in the Nest Predator Bounty Program still have two opportunities to submit tails from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on June 26, and July 1 at the following locations.
Individuals who are not able to make one of these Friday drop sites can now contact their local conservation officer or wildlife damage specialist and arrange for a time and place to submit their tails.
• Sioux Falls - Game, Fish and Parks Shop/DOT Complex (Not the Outdoor Campus): 5316 W 60th St North,
• Huron - Huron GFP OFFICE: 895 Third St. Huron, SD 57350
• Rapid City - Game, Fish and Parks Shop: 4130 Adventure Trail,
• Chamberlain - Game, Fish and Parks Office: 1550 East King Avenue,
• Fort Pierre - Game, Fish and Parks Office: 20641 SD Hwy 1806,
• Mobridge - Game, Fish and Parks Office: 909 Lake Front Drive,
• Webster - Game, Fish and Parks Office: 603 East 8th Avenue,
• Watertown - Game, Fish and Parks Office: 400 West Kemp,
• Aberdeen - Game, Fish and Parks Office: 5850 East Highway 12.
At each location, signs will be posted and GFP staff will be on hand to provide instructions and direct traffic.
Due to COVID-19 please note these special instructions for tail submissions:
• If you are feeling ill, please stay home.
• Stay in your vehicle unless directed by GFP staff.
• Follow signs and instructions from GFP staff on traffic flow and the submission process.
• GFP staff will come to your vehicle window to complete the necessary paperwork and count tails.
• An electronic affidavit will be signed by GFP with your verbal consent.
• A valid ID (driver’s license) is required.
• A hunting or fishing license is required unless the participant is under 18 years of age or is a landowner harvesting predators from their property.
• Be sure to have tails frozen and in bags that allow easy identification and counting.
This program will close on July 1, or when GFP reaches the $250,000 (50,000 tails) cap.
Remember that our “Tail Tracker” will be available for participants to follow the number, species and general location of tails collected. As of June 20, 19,398 tails have been submitted. The Tail Tracker will be updated daily at 9 a.m. CT. Visit gfp.sd.gov/bounty-program for more information.